Most of my family is two states away. That's not going to be an easy move for my wife and I and our child, not in a region where 2.5 other million people are going to be trying to get out of Dodge as well.
I heard from a reader the other day that he has a camper-van packed with a year's worth of supplies and an evacuation plan, should a disaster strike and he has to make a run for it.
Of course I think he's talking about an "All Hell Breaks Loose" or "S-H-T-F" scenario, and I have to say that's what I'm referring to also.
Or maybe, dare I suggest, that what is coming our way next goes way beyond "SHTF" and we are actually entering the End of Days? You'll hear in a few moments why that might be the case (more than might) and what that may mean in the coming months for the U.S. and her allies.
The top ten populated U.S. cities stand to be targeted first by terrorists, though we can also guess that Washington D.C. would be high or possibly # 2 behind New York City for a possible major terror attack. Residents of these big ten U.S. cities should probably be packing their bags and moving already and heading for at least a distant suburb, considering the times our country is facing in the near future.Of course a major terrorist strategy may be to cause even deeper panic across the nation, by including several mid-size cities located in the U.S. "heartland."
If a number of mid-size cities are struck, is any city safe anymore? Not likely. And thus that is why mid-size cities in the U.S. heartland may be in just as much risk as major cities like New York and D.C.
But where do you go?
Sign Up for our free email newsletter packed with survival tips and tips on preparing for widespread disaster. Topics covered include survival foods, martial law, government collapse, living off the land, self defense, survival hunting, survival fishing, and MORE...
We can bet that a lot of people will end up living like refugees, in makeshift camps and tent-cities and "FEMA Camps" (if FEMA is still around), and these will be located out in the countryside, away from prevailing winds. (It shouldn't take an engineer to figure that one out). Simply put -- studying the prevailing winds in your region can help you understand where you need to flee to as a refugee, should you have been unable to move away from a major city in time.
Canada might become a beacon of hope for several million U.S. citizens living in northern states. But are we ready to be greeted as un-wanted aliens, a lot like we're greeting the 150,000 plus South Americans (most of who are said to be children) who have flooded across our southern border in recent months?
Canada is not going to want ten million desperate, hungry, pissed off Americans pouring across their border following S-H-T-F. You might want to either move to Canada now, while you still have time, or find another way across, if Canada is where you plan to move to in the event of a U.S. collapse.
You can bet that no nationwide moving companies are likely to still be operating in S-H-T-F. Of course, you can Craigslist those movers, and potentially never see your belongings again, or get some actual movers in advance, or if you're lucky, some family to help out, and get moving.
(I hope to do a better job posting links. I've glanced over several of our articles and though heavy on content, we can do a better job I have to admit on finding good resources to link to.)
When you figure out where you can move to, get your house in order and your movers lined up (yes I know, it's not that easy to just up and move, but in recent years hopefully you've been slimming down on possessions and property contracts and getting things paid off, etc., in order to help yourself be a bit more flexible, and able to move on short notice).
UHaul Pods - You basically move when you're ready with one of these PODS dropped off in front of your house. (You'll still need movers for loading and unloading though).
Allied Moving Company - Financially-able readers ready to make a move would likely afford larger movers like Allied.
All Star Interstate Movers - Cheaper interstate mover from the looks of things, but great rating and non-corporate approach (an "independent mover").
WUTC - Checking out a mover before you hire them.
Before you choose an island, you have to ask yourself:
- Is the island self-sufficient? Can food, water, and optimally power all be generated on the island you hope to relocate to?
- Are there any large cities on this island? You might want to avoid that island -- large cities have inner cities, and inner cities are some of the first people to go stir-crazy in a major disaster. For a lot of our nation's poor, unfortunately prepping just isn't part of the vocabulary. So, when stores close their doors -- even if just temporary -- you can expect some rioting and looting, crime and violence, to spiral out of control in places, and you don't want to be anywhere near that when it all goes down.
- Is there a way off this island should things on the island go stir-crazy, and now you have no choice but to flee? What if a deadly virus that's been used in a bio-chemical terrorist attack has made it's way to the island, and now people are dropping like flies? If you have the means, you need to consider how you're going to get off that island. Can you take a speed boat? In some areas of calmer water, a jet ski may even work as a fast way to flee, though you can't carry much gear with you if you choose that route.
- On an island, a bunker may be the way to go - Here's why: A lot of islands don't have a lot of people. Sitting out a major disaster underground the first few weeks can give the people up above time to either settle down, or -- I hate to say it -- die off from a lack of food and water. Of course, the Good Samaritan way may be to come top side and open the doors to your bunker to a few thousand thirsty and hungry survivors, but what if a few dozen of them are violent, and want everything you have for yourself?
I'm not sure if the Good Sam way is a good idea in this kind of scenario, but helping out a handful of people might be a good way to go. Make a plan in advance, and just maybe your neighbors are already prepping as well, and just waiting for an invite to lunch to discuss things in more detail.
If you're going to look at Australia, look at the areas known for generous rain, moderate temperatures, and heavy on agriculture and access to ocean fishing. Moving somewhere away from major cities, and even mid-size cities, would be a wise move to make for similar reasons stated earlier in this article about inner city crime following S-H-T-F.
- Keep the Faith - Hard to say what event will be next on God's timeline (yes, I said God's timeline). But whatever may come next, it might just be the next large catastrophic disaster in a long line of catastrophic disasters that has struck around the world in recent years. Don't let it shake your values and character. You can make it through this and keep the faith at the same time.
A lot of people shake their fists at God, when they see their communities destroyed. Maybe the better thing to do is to thank God for saving you and your family from otherwise certain death, or paralyzing injuries. Something miraculous has just occurred. You lived when a lot of others died. Have gratitude instead. You were delivered.
- Have A Plan - Emergency supplies, food, water, communications, and a few other key things being discussed within the prepper community.
- Moving or Relocating Before Disaster Strikes- Seek God's direction on this one. To avoid probable or potential disaster if you live in or near one of America's major cities, make a plan for moving out of the area, if you have the means, and if it's possible. A few of you may have to downsize in order to make things work, but if you live through a major disaster because you moved beforehand, isn't it worth it?
What does that mean? I believe that means this:
The US is going to fall to to its enemies as judgment from God, just as the Israelites from Old Testament times were handed over many times to enemy nations when the Israelites fell away from God. The repeating theme of the Old Testament is that God delivered the Israelites from slavery to the Egyptians (and other nations at other times) and yet they always fell away from God again.
In recent years, it's a story retold in the movie "Exodus: Gods and Kings" available on DVD or instant video, if you're an AmazonAmazon subscriber.
Some of you are not on this page yet. It might be a good time to get on that page.